The Hans Konrad Rahn Foundation was established in 2003 with starting capital of CHF 250,000 to mark the 70th birthday of Hans Konrad Rahn. Thanks among other things to some generous donations, its organisational capital currently amounts to some CHF 2.2 million. The Foundation is the successor to the RAHN relief fund, which for decades supported social projects in the Zurich region and also made donations to help disaster victims in both Switzerland and other countries.
Like the relief fund, the Foundation receives two percent of the cashflow or RAHN AG each year. This is supplemented by generous donations from the Rahn family and other benefactors. The Foundation has access to annual funds of between CHF 250,000 and CHF 300,000.
- Support for private social institutions, primarily in the Zurich region
- Support is provided to groups/organisations rather than individuals
- Contributions to disaster funds
- Promoting integration in work and society
- Helping people to self-help
Board of Trustees:
- Cantonal council member Urs Lauffer, President
- Fritz Frischknecht, lic. oec., Secretary to the Board of Trustees
- Sascha Kümin Grell, lic. iur.
- Markus Meyer, COO of RAHN AG
- Prof. Katharina Prelicz-Huber, university tutor and President of VPOD Switzerland
- Ana Patricia Rahn Erden, lic. iur., entrepreneur
Hans Konrad Rahn-Foundation
Tel. 044 254 60 33
Applications: should be submitted in writing to this address, outlining the reasons for the request
Bank details: UBS Zürich-Albisriederplatz, IBAN CH33 0026 7267 8336 9501L